Sunday, April 01, 2007

ハッピー・エープリル・フールズ・デイ

いやー
なんかこう言うをやるのも久しぶりだなー

ではエンジョイ!

Adblock


Here's a 12.5MB downloadable version too. Sloppily encoded, though.

Translation notes:

General: A "Telephone Club" is a sort of telephone dating network. Guys pay to enter a booth and wait for who want to hook up to call in. Google "Telekura" for more details if you're curious.

00:52: "The! Gyouten News" is a variety TV show that specializes in showing odd and surprising/shocking pieces of news from around the world.

01:36: Okay, I admit, I cheated here. I'm at a total loss as to how to render the line here into English while keeping all the original meaning, so some liberties have been taken here.

02:40: "It's not like their numbers change" - This phrase is rather hard to translate. A phrase that captures the original meaning better might be: "It's not like parts of it get used up", as in the following example:
"Cool, new golf clubs? Hey, lemme try swinging it."
'... What? Hell no, I just bought these.'
"Oh, come on, it's not like parts of it get used up."

03:47: "As a special introductory price for you, it'll come 500,000 yen."
In order to hook people into their product, sales reps often offer potential customers a sampling of their product at a significant "introductory price" discount, but in this case the "introductory price" is even more exorbitantly expensive than the actual one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...is this site alive again? o.o

April 3, 2007 at 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home